Barakah Eats is GMP/HACCP certified by SGS Canada Inc.
HACCP certification is an international standard defining the requirements for effective control of food safety. It is built around seven principles:
- Conduct Hazard Analysis of biological, chemical or physical food hazards
- Determine critical control points
- Establish critical control limits, for example, minimum cooking temperature and time
- Establish a system to monitor control of Critical Control Points
- Establish corrective actions
- Establish procedure for verification to confirm that the HACCP system is working effectively
- Establish documentation and record keeping
Our company is committed to carrying out good manufacturing practices in our facility.
- Wishes for all consumers to be confident and assured that the Halal meat and products they purchase are genuinely Halal.
- Monitor, inspect and certify Halal products for the benefit of the Muslim community.
- Promote animal welfare, issues of food safety, hygiene and quality in compliance the teachings of the Islamic faith.
- Work with companies who are involved in the production and supply of Halal food, to independently certify all products to provide assurance to the Muslim community that all food meets the high standards of Halal.